Who We Are
Nathan Dill, President
Linda Obrein, Vice President
Chaquita Simmons, Secretary
Jennifer Woods, Treasurer
Kevin “Manix” Simmons, National Coach
Melissa Looby, Events and Program Manager
The BBF is Bermuda’s National Governing Body for the sport of boxing. We are proud of our membership, derived from five (5) main boxing gyms and affiliated combat sports organizations.
The BBF is Bermuda’s formal body for the sanctioning of amateur boxing and is tasked with assuring International Boxing Association (AIBA) safety standards and anti-doping regulations are followed. Additionally the BBF:
- Facilitates professional training of athletes, coaches and officials
- Promotes the sport of boxing while increasing participation and supporting member gyms
- Organizes national and international competitions, youth programs and events
- Sets and monitors standards of training, performance and conduct
The Bermuda Boxing Federation aims to encourage participation, promote and develop the sport of boxing in Bermuda by:
- Establishing an Executive Committee to oversee and implement daily duties of the Association;
- Functioning under AIBA rules for boxing in Bermuda;
- Authorising venues and events;
- Providing qualified and competent officials for all sanctioned boxing bouts held in Bermuda;
- Encouraging the development of boxing in Bermuda through an ongoing relationship with individuals, schools, boxing clubs, gyms and other organizations;
- Encouraging the development of individuals as coaches and officials in boxing;
- The coordination/promotion of boxing events.
Note From the President
Thank you for your continued support of the Bermuda Boxing Federation. With your help, our focus is now set firmly towards the Bermuda National Boxing Team qualifying for the 2020 Olympics. Our overall aim is to prepare our adult national team, which comprises of eight persons (three athletes, a team manager, physiotherapist, conditioning coach/cutman, head coach and the technical director/assistant coach) to compete in mandatory boxing qualifier events.
The first mandatory qualifying event for the Olympics is in Mexico between March 9th and 18th 2018. This event will lead towards the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games in Barranquilla, Colombia between July 19th and Aug 3rd 2018. We also anticipate the national team to participate in the 2019 Pan American (Pan Am) Games in Lima, Peru.
We have started off this year’s local boxing calendar with the event “The NEXT Greatest”, which took place on Saturday, February 17th in the Cedarbridge Academy Gymnasium. This event showcased youth and junior class boxing and kickboxing and demonstrated to Bermuda the boxing prowess of our adult national team against seasoned overseas opponents. We are pushing fundraising to support the National Boxing Team, expand our school-based youth development programs, and allow us to introduce our Fight for Peace Program.
Our calendar for 2018 is exciting. We will continue to introduce, develop and expand our programs. Wealso plan to have a combined boxing/ kickboxing/ grappling/ MMA card to kick off the summer. This will bea thrilling event and the first time that MMA will be held in Bermuda. It will be followed by an upscale event at the Fairmont Southampton in November, which has historically been incredibly successful.
As President, I would like to thank your organization in advance for your unwavering support. It is only because of your continued commitment that the BBF will be able to grow and thrive in the future.
Nathan R. Dill